Thursday, March 25, 2010

'xxxHolic' #7 Review


Plot Summary

In this volume, Watanuki gets his arm caught in a spider web and Domeki casually destroys the web. By doing this, he actually gets a spider curse put on him for destroying the spider's home. The next day, Domeki can't even open his right eye. All around his eye are spider web shaped patterns. Watanuki becomes very upset about this. Even though he claims to despise Domeki, he's grown less hostile towards him and doesn't want Domeki to suffer because of his carelessness.


I thought this had a lot to say about taking other perspectives into account, such as destroying a web from the spider's point of view. It may seem like no big deal to squash a bug but there are consequences to all actions. There was an amazing part in this volume about this woman who takes a photo someone she knew to Yuko, begging her to destroy the photo. I won't spoil anything, I thought it was really good though.

HIMAWARI CHAN!! GAH! It keeps being hinted that Himawari is bad luck for Watanuki, even though he's madly in love with her. The very end even suggested that Himawari might have been the cause of something that tried to attack Domeki and Watanuki. YOWZA!! I'm excited to see what happens next.

I've now gone through all the volumes I got at the library so I'll be going back tomorrow for more! I definitely want to read more so I'm going to keep with it until it gets lame. Which I don't think it will. So yay! Clamp knows how to make quality comics.

xxxHolic #7: 7.5/10

=D

No comments:

Post a Comment