Friday, March 26, 2010

'Fullmetal Alchemist' #1 Review



So I have been wanting to read/watch this series for a very long time now. At least four years. Now I finally have! Woohoo! From what I hear, the anime and manga are very different. I decided to go with the manga because it looks much better. I'll have to watch the anime at some point. But I'm very opinionated and I think manga is almost always better.

Plot Summary

Do I really have to say it? I'm sure you know. Everyone loves this series, I swear. Two brothers tried to bring their mother back using alchemy but broke the rules and failed. It cost Edward an arm and a leg (LOLLLL) and cost Alphonse his entire body. So now they're trying to get back to normal and such.

What surprised me most about this series was that it's made by a woman. I know I'd heard this before but I guess I forgot and this really came as a surprise because the art looks completely like a normal male shonen artist. I enjoyed the mix of comedy/action in this and I definitely want to read more! The first half of the volume was a huge poke at religion which I really enjoyed.

My god, I hated Rose so much. I just despised her on so many levels while reading this. I'm sure she'll become awesome but...damn.

Fullmetal Alchemist #1: 7/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment