Sunday, March 21, 2010

'Saikano' #2 Review


Well, I now have very mixed feelings about this series. I've gotten used to it's bizarre art but the story has just been bothering me. I respect this manga for the type of series that it is and I could see someone really enjoying it if they're into these kinds of dark, war-torn romance stories. But frankly, I'm just not. I really tried to get into this but I don't think I can.

Plot Summary

So this volume introduces Fuyumi, Shuji's ex girlfriend. Her and Shuji have a chance meeting and they get to talking. Her leg is injured from an accident caused by Chise shooting off into the sky. They had back to her place to fix up the leg, Fuyumi is a complete whore who wants to do Shuji. She's married and is upset at her husband for being in the army and leaving her all alone (?!!) So Shuji doesn't want to cheat on Chise because he actually has some decency. He leaves but forgets about his school bag. He goes back to get it later but promises himself he's just going to get his bag and leave FAST FORWARD Shuji and Fuyumi are laying in bed together. WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! I HAVE NO IDEA! So they're laying there and then Fuyumi decides to start making out with him and give him a blowjob. Alrighty then. Shuji breaks down and feels terrible about what happened. Later, there's a few chapters with Chise on the battlefield with the rest of the military guys. She goes into weapon mode and completely levels a city.


Anywayyyyyyyyy...
I like this manga. I really do. But honestly, I'm just not interested in reading anymore. Nothing is grabbing me about it and shaking me by the collar and screaming READ MORE DAMN YOU! I'd still suggest this manga to anyone. Hopefully if you give it a read, you'll get something more out of it than I could.

So yeah. Sorry, Saikano. You're cool but...you're just not my type-o-comic =/
Saikano #2: 6.4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment